The Stedham War memorial is a polished wooden tablet on the North wall of St James Church. It lists seven local men with their name, rank and unit.
As well as this Board there is a plaque on the Memorial Hall which was unveiled on Armistice Day 2014, commemorating the fallen of both world wars.
The Memorial Hall was built in about 1924 for the Womens’ Institute, on the site of a miniature rifle range. The WI Hall became the Memorial Hall in 1947 when it was given to the people of Stedham in memory of those who died in both world wars. It was then the responsibility of the village and the Memorial Hall Trust was formed accordingly.